Baby, It's Cold Outside

Snær Pîlâjikson
Is "Baby, It's Cold Outside" being banned from airplay because feminists are fainting like Victorian housewives at the shockingly "rapey" nature of this classic Christmas song, or is it being banned because the proponents of the "hoaxy" global warming agenda don't want people to think about how cold outside it really is? Is it all of the above?

Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. — John Adams

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Neither, it's being banned because it's an encouragement for whites to breed, and no one wants that these days.

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Nothing like banning a 70 plus year old song to set the world aright again.

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Snær Pîlâjikson
This post was updated on .
Warpig wrote
Neither, it's being banned because it's an encouragement for whites to breed, and no one wants that these days.
I'm glad you mentioned that.

The general US fertility rate has plummeted for a century and is now well below replacement levels.

If anyone actually is interested in doing something about it then they should #repealthe19th

Shaming men will do jack shit.

Women are the gatekeepers to reproduction, and feminism encourages education and careers for women during their prime years of fertility in lieu of breeding.

A woman does get the baby rabies as she approaches her mid-thirties, but by then the small percentage of eggs she has left are old as fuck and have a high chance of being abnormal (extra or missing chromosomes). Her looks are also fading in parallel to eggs disappearing, discouraging men from wanting her. It's almost as if those two things are connected somehow.

That feminism is a substantial (if not the prime) driver of the fertility problem really is something just about nobody wants to hear.

If only the white nationalists and so-called traditional conservatives would listen.
Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. — John Adams

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Unfortunately for us, this battle was lost in '65, we're just sort of playing out the hand.

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

"Why Feminists Hate 'Baby, It’s Cold Outside' More Than Flagrantly Sexist Rap Music

Earlier this month, a feminist in Britain’s GQ magazine asked whether it is possible to “be a feminist” and still “listen to hip-hop.” She’s right to be skeptical — some (though certainly not all) rap songs are cesspits of sexism and vulgarity that glorify rape and sexual assault. For a social movement that has become increasingly creative in the sources of oppression it uses to justify its existence, feminism devotes relatively little time to berating the mainstream artists whose songs include such poetic lyrics as “I beat my b**** up in the street” or “I even make the b*****s I rape c**.”

Rap artists, and some of the more profane elements of broader hip-hop culture, have been partially excused from the Victorian standards of feminism’s third wave. It’s not that feminists haven’t decried the sexism in hip-hop — they have, if only in passing — but the plain, unadulterated misogyny in some rap music seems to evade the broader radar of a movement that has spent the better part of a decade screaming about a handful of lines in an obscure, chivalrous Christmas song from 1949.

The intersectional commitments of campus feminism have precluded the movement from taking aim at the excesses of hip-hop culture. The double standard is clear: if Garth Brooks released a single that included even one sentence with as much sexism as any line in a standard DMX track, he would be forever excised from polite society. Everyone, at base, knows this — even those who make inventive excuses for the pathologies in hip-hop music and the excesses of its attendant culture by blaming conservatives for noticing them.
“Baby, It’s Cold Outside,” however, is a much easier target. Never mind that perhaps the most famous rendition of the romantic duet was done by a pair of African-American singers — Ella Fitzgerald’s version is decidedly “respectable,” so, by the logic of Stereo Williams, it isn’t authentically “black”! After all, respectability was once “Bill Cosby’s raison d’être,” in Williams’ words, so respectability as a value must necessarily go the way of Cosby’s reputation.

The song has been embraced as a classic by Americans of all colors, making it a far easier whipping post for the killjoys in the modern feminist movement than the blatantly misogynistic rhetoric in some rap songs. Apparently, the Christmas classic’s presumption that the sexes are complimentary, its glorification of chivalry, and inclusion of a now-dated cultural reference to alcohol are far more heretical to the sacred dogmas of third wave feminism than lyrics explicitly condoning rape or assault.

Prepare for another winter of trite and tired lectures about the evils of a Christmas classic from campus radicals — but don’t hold your breath waiting for them to disavow Eminem or Jay-Z with such force and conviction."
----------------------------

Why, it's almost like there is a double-standard applied to white dudes....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38934/hirschauer-why-feminists-hate-baby-its-cold-john-hirschauer

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

NOW you're just being paranoid.

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Dean-o's daughter today:

"Dean Martin’s daughter Deana Martin slammed the controversy over her father’s classic Christmas song “Baby It’s Cold Outside” Monday, calling concerns about the song’s lyrics “insane.”

“I was absolutely flabbergasted. It’s just insane,” Deana Martin told Fox News. Her father’s song “Baby It’s Cold Outside” has been attacked by feminists in recent years who claims that the songs promotes rape culture.

“When I heard it, I said, ‘This can’t possibly be.’ You know, it’s a sweet, flirty, fun holiday song that’s been around for 40 years for my dad. He did it in ’59.

Deana Martin also defended the lyric about the drink on Fox News Monday, saying, “When she says, ‘Hey, what’s in this drink?’ I don’t think she’s talking about some pill being put in that drink.”

“It’s like, ‘Is this punch? You know, what’s in this drink? Is it vodka? It was nice. It’s just breaking my heart that people would turn that around,” she said."
--------------------------------------

That's just what a rapist would say.  Into the death camps with you.  Wait, did I say death camps, because what I meant to say is happy camp.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/12/10/dean-martins-daughter-calling-baby-its-cold-outside-inappropriate-is-just-insane/

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

And in a wonderful irony, the 'controversy' has made the song even more popular:

"‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ Sales Surge Amid Calls to Ban Christmas Classic

American consumers responded to the attempts to rape-shame the Christmas classic song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” by driving up sales of the tune.

The current controversy sprang to national attention when a virtue signaling radio station in Cleveland, Ohio, announced that it was banning the 70-year-old Christmas ditty because liberals said it celebrated “rape.”

But now, several versions of the song have surged in sales and streaming since the song was brought back to national attention, Billboard reported.

Billboard reports that several versions of the song jumped into the list of most-played Christmas songs. Dean Martin’s 1959 version, Idina Menzel’s and Michael Bublé’s 2014 issue, and Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel’s duet from the 2003 film, Elf, have all suddenly sold thousands of copies each in downloads and CD sales.

Streaming services have also reported a massive wave of fans looking for “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” Dean Martin’s version, for instance, has been streamed 8.2 million times by the end of the first week of December."

So yet again a liberal false narrative baring zero resemblance to reality has hurt actual rape victims.  And of course it's made normal people shake their heads and wonder what the fuck is going on in our culture.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/12/14/baby-its-cold-outside-sales-surge-amid-calls-to-ban-christmas-classic/