Brexit Deal Rejected

Snær Pîlâjikson
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/15/brexit-amendment-that-might-have-limited-pms-losses-is-rejected
The West can't be saved and isn't even worth saving, if it doesn't get it's balls back.

Re: Brexit Deal Rejected

I'm friends with a (well, 'Friends' is a bit much, I talk to a dude on Twitter from the UK) dude in the UK and I ask him about this.

They want out so bad (the people) they can taste it.

"No Deal" is a bullshit moniker, what it really means is that the UK returns to WTO country status, which means it's free to trade like any other WTO member, which is hugely advantageous for the UK.  Especially since they no longer have to foot their end of the bill for the rapidly-disintegrating EU 'project'.

Re: Brexit Deal Rejected

I don't pay too much attention to all this - England pretty much threw in the towel a decade or more ago - so does this mean that the UK's in the EU or not?

Re: Brexit Deal Rejected

Ace of Spades take:

"Teresa May's Brexit Plan Fails by 230 Votes, Failing 432 Against, 202 in Favor

Both Brexiteers and Remainers joined forces to vote the plan down.

This was the worst defeat of a proposal put forth by the government in history.

There's a lurking suspicion that May and her cohort have deliberately negotiated such a terrible plan that they will wind up getting (they hope) what they wanted all along, a revote on Brexit in which Brexit is voted down.

The complete rejection of this plan tends to support that conspiracy theory."