Dems to introduce gun-ban bill

Because of course they are:

"Democrats and Republicans introduced dueling gun proposals this week in the Senate with Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) pushing a new gun-ban proposal and Sen. John Cornyn (R., Tex.) attempting to expand gun-carry protections across the country.

Feinstein's bill, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, would ban the sale, manufacture, transfer, and importation of certain semiautomatic firearms. The text of the bill has not yet been released, but Feinstein's office said it would ban any firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine and either a "pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock."

Firearms fitting the description would become illegal to sell if the bill was passed but those already legally owned would remain legal but become subject to additional regulations. Transfers of so-called high capacity magazines would also be banned under the proposal, though the senator's office didn't specify what would constitute a "high capacity."
---------------------------------

So essentially banning every modern rifle.  Yeah, that's gonna go over well.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/dems-introduce-gun-ban-bill-as-gop-seeks-to-expand-gun-carry-protections/

Re: Dems to introduce gun-ban bill

Nobody ever asks why it is that Congressional representatives try and pass laws covering the entire nation instead of just representing the people who elected them.

Also, we desperately need to repeal the 17th amendment.  Repeal that, and the issue above disappears.
"You wanna be a witch? Then burn."

Re: Dems to introduce gun-ban bill

Snær Pîlâjikson
Just roll up the 17th and the 19th into one repeal package.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Re: Dems to introduce gun-ban bill

If there was a body part other than my head, cock, or balls, that I could cut off to make both of those things an instant reality, I would be asking for an axe.