Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

This post was updated on .
You can't fix stupid:

"Green New Deal: ‘Upgrade or Replace Every Building in U.S.’ Within 10 Years

Progressive Democrats will call for every building in the United States to be upgraded or replaced as part of its soon-to-be-unveiled “Green New Deal,” an outline of the proposal reads.

In a press conference Thursday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) will detail their ten-year plan to tackle “climate change,” which they claim would require the elimination “pollution and greenhouse gas emissions” to meet “100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.”

The plan calls for the “national mobilization” of the economy through 14 “infrastructure and industrial” projects. To meet the country’s power demands through “clean and renewable energy sources,” an FAQ says the country will need to “upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency.”

The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis estimates that there are approximately 138 million housing units in the United States, and the Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS) estimates that as of 2012, there were 5.6 million commercial buildings. There are 5.256 million minutes in a span of ten years — which would mean at least 27 buildings would need to be “upgraded or replaced” every minute of the decade.

The proposal is already receiving the cold shoulder from leading Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). On Wednesday, the speaker signaled the soon-to-be-created select committee on climate change will not be tasked with writing legislation around the “New Green Deal” — a big blow to plan’s proponents. “’Green New Deal’ is not in the cards. It will be one of several or maybe many suggestions that we receive,” she told Politico. “The green dream or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it, right?”

How insanely stupid does a liberal scheme have to be for Nancy Pelosi to shit on it?  She never saw a crack-pot law to soak the peons (you & me) she didn't like....

Until now.

Beyond the tiny little fact that no, there is no "alternative" energy that would work plus the insane cost of the fixes (that would do nothing), given the fact that there are no more winters thanks to global warming, why should we need a green fix at all?

'Cause it's always sunny and 70 now don't ya know.

One other aspect to the stupid, they also address their other big fear, cow farts.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/07/green-new-deal-upgrade-or-replace-every-building-in-u-s-within-10-years/

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

The Federalist's 10 ten most crazy things the dems want:

"Ban affordable energy. GND calls for the elimination of all fossil fuel energy production, the lifeblood of American industry and life, which includes not only all oil but also natural gas — one of the cheapest sources of American energy, and one of the reasons the United States has been able to lead the world in carbon-emissions reduction.

    Eliminate nuclear energy. The GND also calls for eliminating all nuclear power, one of the only productive and somewhat affordable “clean” energy sources available to us, in 11 years. This move would purge around 20 percent of American energy production so you can rely on intermittent wind for your energy needs.

    Eliminate 99 percent of cars. To be fair, under the GND, everyone will need to retrofit their cars with Flintstones-style foot holes or pedals for cycling. The authors state that the GND would like to replace every “combustion-engine vehicle” — trucks, airplanes, boats, and 99 percent of cars — within ten years. Charging stations for electric vehicles will be built “everywhere,” though how power plants will provide the energy needed to charge them is a mystery.

    Gut and rebuild every building in America. Markey and Cortez want to “retrofit every building in America” with “state of the art energy efficiency.” I repeat, “every building in America.” That includes every home, factory, and apartment building, which will all need, for starters, to have their entire working heating and cooling systems ripped out and replaced with…well, with whatever technology Democrats are going invent in their committee hearings, I guess.

    Eliminate air travel. GND calls for building out “highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.” Good luck Hawaii! California’s high-speed boondoggle is already in $100 billion dollars of debt, and looks to be one of the state’s biggest fiscal disasters ever. Amtrak runs billions of dollars in the red (though, as we’ll see, trains will also be phased out). Imagine growing that business model out to every state in America?

    A government-guaranteed job. The bill promises the United States government will provide every single American with a job that includes a “family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations, and a pension.” You can imagine that those left in the private sector would be funding these through some unspecified “massive” taxation. On the bright side, when you’re foraging for food, your savings will be worthless.

    Free education for life. GND promises free college or trade schools for every American.

    A salubrious diet. The GND promises the government will provide “healthy food” to every American (because there are no beans or lettuce in your local supermarket, I guess).

    A house. The GND promises that the government will provide, “safe, affordable, adequate housing” for every American citizen. I call dibs on an affordable Adams Morgan townhouse. Thank you, Ocasio-Cortez.

    Free money. The GND aims to provide, and I am not making this up, “economic security” for all who are “unable or unwilling” to work. Just to reiterate: if you’re unwilling to work, the rest of us will have your back.

    Bonus insanity: Ban meat. Ocasio-Cortez admits that we can’t get zero emissions in 10 years “because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.” The only way to get rid of farting cows is to get rid of beef."
-------------------------------------

So... full on communism.  At least they're not publicy calling for Soylent Green day....

Yet.

So once again, vote republican.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/07/ten-most-insane-requirements-green-new-deal/

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

The best comment over at the Federalist:

"Memo to Ms. Cortez:

The fact is, there has been global warming, but the contribution of human-generated carbon dioxide is necessarily so small as to be all but undetectable. Here's why:

Carbon dioxide, considered the main vector for human-caused global warming, is some 0.04% of the atmosphere by volume, or some 400 parts per million (ppm)[1]. Water vapor varies from 0% to 4% by volume[2], and so should easily average above 1%[3] near the Earth’s surface, where the greenhouse effect would be most important, and is about three times more effective[4] a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. So water vapor is some 25 times more prevalent and three times more effective; that makes it some 75 times more important to the greenhouse effect than carbon dioxide[5]. The TOTAL contribution of carbon dioxide to the greenhouse effect is therefore 0.013 or less.

Since the start of the industrial revolution, carbon dioxide is estimated to have risen from 280 ppm to the current approximately 400 ppm. Even if the entire increase were the result of human emissions - which is by no means certain, given uncertainty about how much CO2 is produced by natural sources such as decomposition of biomass and carbonate rock, volcanism and the little-understood ocean-atmosphere exchange - the total human contribution to atmospheric carbon dioxide would be about 0.3 of the total. Therefore human carbon dioxide adds at most only 0.0039 of the greenhouse effect, and may well be less.

Total warming of the Earth by the greenhouse effect is widely accepted as about 33 degrees Centigrade or 59 degrees Fahrenheit, raising average temperature to 15 degrees Centigrade, or 59 degrees above zero Fahrenheit. So the contribution of anthropogenic carbon dioxide is at most 0.23 degrees Fahrenheit, or at most 0.13 degree Centigrade, and perhaps considerably less. Global warming since the beginning of the industrial revolution is thought by many to be perhaps 0.8 to1.0 degree Centigrade.

But that's only the beginning. We've had global warming for more than 10,000 years, since the end of the last Ice Age, and there is evidence temperatures were actually somewhat warmer 9,000 years ago and again 4,500 to 8,000 years ago than they are today[6]. Whatever caused that, it was not human activity. It was not all those power plants and factories and SUVs being operated by Stone Age cavemen while chipping arrowheads out of bits of flint. Whatever the cause was, it melted the glaciers that in North America once extended south to Long Island and parts of New York City[7] into virtually complete disappearance (except for a few mountain remnants). That's one big greenhouse effect! If we are still having global warming - and I suppose we could presume we are, given this more than 10,000 year history - it seems highly likely that it is still the overwhelmingly primary cause of continued warming, rather than our piddling 0.0039 contribution to the greenhouse effect.

Yet even that trend-continuation today needs to be proved. Evidence is that the Medieval Warm Period centered on the 1200s was somewhat warmer than we are now[8], and the climate was clearly colder in the Little Ice Age in the 1600s than it is now[9]. (Whether the earlier Roman Warm Period around the time of Christ was as warm or was warmer than present is less clear.) So we are within the geologically recent range of normal up-and-down fluctuations without human greenhouse contributions that could be significant, or even measurable.

Principal scientists arguing for human-caused global warming have been demonstrably disingenuous[10], and now you can see why. They have proved they should not be trusted.

The idea that we should be spending trillions of dollars and hamstringing the economy of the entire world to reduce carbon dioxide emissions is beyond ludicrous in light of the facts above; it is insane. Furthermore, it sucks attention and resources from seeking the other sources of warming and from coping with climate change and its effects in realistic ways. The true motivation underlying the global warming movement is almost certainly ideological and political in nature, and I predict that Anthropogenic Global Warming, as currently presented, will go down as the greatest fraud of all time. It makes Ponzi and Madoff look like pikers by comparison.

[1] Mauna Loa Observatory https://www.co2.earth/daily...

[2] Fundamentals of Physical Geography, 2nd Edition

by Micheal Pidwirney Concentration varies slightly with the growing season in the northern hemisphere. HYPERLINK http://www.physicalgeograph...

[3] The Earth’s tropics, the so-called “Torrid Zone,” where temperatures and therefore the capacity of the atmosphere to hold water vapor are at their highest, and where the 4% maximum is found, comprise a far greater portion of the Earth’s surface - 40% - than do the areas where water vapor content is at its lowest, the polar areas (8%), and the world’s deserts (10%). Moreover, the troposphere, which contains 99% of the world’s water vapor, is far deeper at the equator (10-12 miles) than near the poles (4 to 6 miles), enabling substantially more water vapor retention in the tropics even if other factors were equal rather than favoring more water retention rather than less. I have chosen an arbitrarily low working figure of 1% to give the AGW argument the benefit of any doubt. The higher the actual figure is above that, the lower must be the actual contribution of carbon dioxide, and therefore of anthropogenic carbon dioxide. If the true figure is 2%, the contribution of human-generated carbon dioxide is half that shown.

[4 NIST Chemistry Webbook, Please compare the IR absorption spectra of water and carbon dioxide. ] HYPERLINK "http://webbook.nist.gov/" http://webbook.nist.gov/

[5] Three quarters of the atmosphere and virtually all water vapor are in the troposphere. Including all the atmosphere would change the ratios to about 20 times more prevalent and 60 times more effective. However, the greenhouse effect of high-altitude carbon dioxide on lower-altitude weather and the earth’s surface seems likely to be extremely small if not nil, given that heat rises and high-altitude gases would also intercept relevant frequencies of solar radiation before they reach the earth.

[6] Encyclopedia Britannica - Holocene Environment and Biota, et al. https://www.britannica.com/... for early holocene. See also History of Earth’s Climate, Ch. 7, Brett Hansen http://www.dandebat.dk/eng-... The citation here is of the English translation, which contains minor grammatical errors that do not materially affect content.

[7]The Narrows Flood – Post-Woodfordian Meltwater Breach of the Narrows Channel, NYC Charles Merguerian https://www.geo.sunysb.edu/... p. 2, et al.

[8] Britannica, same section https://www.britannica.com/... for historical period: Roman and Medieval Warm Periods also History of Earth’s Climate, Ch. 7, Brett Hansen http://www.dandebat.dk/eng-...

[9] Arizona State University http://www.atmo.arizona.edu...

[10] Wikileaks: Climatic Research Unit emails, data, models, 1996-2009 HYPERLINK "http://wikileaks.org/wiki/C..." http://wikileaks.org/wiki/C....

See also HYPERLINK "http://www.dailymail.co.uk/..." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/... and

HYPERLINK "http://online.wsj.com/artic..." http://online.wsj.com/artic... and, more diplomatically: HYPERLINK "http://www.nytimes.com/2009..." http://www.nytimes.com/2009.... Et al."
---------------------------------------

So.... we're not all going to die because it's 1 degree warmer then it was 30 years ago?  But I thought the air we breath out and more fresh water was poisonous.  After all, we're a species that evolved at the equator on the hottest continent on the planet.

Does the "press" know about all this?

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

This post was updated on .
And in yet another hysterical moment of stupid, the democrats have apparently tried pulling their admission of insanity from the internet, so dangerous is it to their "brand".  Cortez's "FAQ" on the proposal now mysteriously missing from her webpage....

This took less then 12 hours to happen.

Somehow even dumber, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Kristin Gillibrand -- All Running for President -- have already endorsed the plan.

Booker, for his part, compared winning the battle of global warming to landing on the moon and beating Hitler - both of which combined cost would be, at a guess, less then 10% of what the dems are proposing.

And I have to guess, as they have given us no indication as to what it would cost.

Naturally, this massive torrent of illogic and stupid has Pedowood swooning.  Mia Farrow wrote today, "An urgently needed era of climate politics has arrived!! Thank you," while fellow dumb dumb  Alyssa Milano wrote, "It outlines exactly what a Green New Deal means: jobs guarantee, promoting equity & justice and securing clean air & water for future generations."

While the #metoo movement's founder was being vocal on her support of making the USA bankrupt and communist at the same time, she's been oddly silent on the rape charges against fellow democrat, Virginia Lt Gov Fairfax....

Which is weird.

Poor communist donkey - you're just not very bright, are ya?

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/02/08/cory-booker-compares-the-green-new-deal-to-fighting-nazis-moon-landing-marshall-plan/

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/08/hollywood-gushes-over-aocs-green-new-deal-the-mark-of-a-great-nation/

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

And it somehow gets even worser for Dumbass Inc:

"Ocasio-Cortez Disavows the Green New Deal’s FAQ After It Becomes a Mockery

The Green New Deal (GND) quickly became the subject of such mockery that its godmother, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, attempted to scrub the talking points from her website and pretend they never existed at all. The effort to erase this political disaster is one of the biggest political gaslighting operations in recent memory. It happened so fast that half of the online Left is still touting the GND as the irresistible wave of the future, while the other half thinks it’s a trick concocted by right-wing pranksters.

The Green New Deal was announced on Rep. Ocasio-Cortez’s website on Tuesday, February 5, accompanied by a set of talking points presented as “Frequently Asked Questions.” Of course, no one could be “frequently asking questions” about a plan that did not previously exist, but politicians long ago hijacked computer lingo to package their talking points as “FAQ sheets” to give the impression that everyone is buzzing about whatever idea the politician is pushing.

Ocasio-Cortez apparently did not like the buzz that erupted around her Green New Deal FAQ, because she scrubbed it from her website on Thursday, February 7 after 48 hours of ridicule and alarm.

The whole point behind the FAQ sheet was to tease the formal rollout the resolution she and Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts introduced on Thursday. The resolution proved to be less specific than the FAQ sheet – but, of course, that’s what FAQ sheets are for. It has become very common for politicians to give relatively vague and aspirational speeches, then direct voters to consult their websites for more details.

The FAQ sheet was revised before it was deleted entirely, which completely demolishes the narrative that it was not a serious document or was posted by accident. Ocasio-Cortez and her staff tried to save the document by surgically altering its most ridiculous elements before they gave up and shipped the whole thing off to the ozone layer.

It is also worth noting that the FAQ sheet was shopped around by Ocasio-Cortez staffers to major media organizations, including NPR and the Washington Post. NPR published the FAQ before interviewing Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday morning, and she raised no objection to what they published. Clearly, this was not some phantom early draft posted on the website by accident.

Inconveniently for Democrat efforts to flush the original release of the Green New Deal down the memory hole, the resolution introduced by Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Markey still contained plenty of eye-rolling insanities, such as destroying the American industrial base to achieve “net-zero greenhouse gas emissions” within ten years."

Aw, poor Chicken Little - no one will believe her about anything...  except that she's crazy stupid.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/11/hayward-ocasio-cortez-disavows-green-new-deals-faq-after-becomes-mockery/

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

Shockingly, the Washington Post is now trying to run some cover for donkey-chompers:

"Washington Post 'Fact-Checker' Declines To Give AOC Pinocchios After She Lies About Her Idiotic Green New Deal FAQ...But Dings Trump

On Monday, The Washington Post outdid itself in terms of wildly dishonest fact-checking. This time, the Post gave Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) zero Pinocchios for her blatant lie that her Green New Deal proposal was doctored.

There were no doctored GND resolutions or FAQs “floating around.” There were people satirizing AOC’s own asinine Green New Deal backgrounder and FAQ. And there is no evidence that there were "draft versions floating out there." Yet the Post didn’t see anything wrong with AOC’s statement. Even further, the Post claimed that President Trump’s tweet on the subject was false.

Oh, so AOC got caught with her hand in the stupid drawer, and then withdrew it, so no need for the Post to evaluate her lie about her original document. Fun to see that’s how fact-checking now works: so long as you withdraw your originally controversial claim, and then lie about it, we will pretend the originally controversial claim didn’t exist.

Solid fact-checking, Washington Post.

So. Much. Journalisming."

But we should totally believe the WaPo on everything else.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43322/washington-post-fact-checker-declines-give-aoc-ben-shapiro

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

Fucking McConnell called for a vote on it!

AHAHAHAHHAHAA

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

Warpig wrote
Fucking McConnell called for a vote on it!

AHAHAHAHHAHAA
This is the, actual, AP headline regarding the idiocy of the left:

"McConnell wields Green New Deal as bludgeon against Dems"

How dare he call for a vote on their insanity instead of burying in committee?  Way to be a neutral reporter of the facts there AP.

Meanwhile, democrats - including the fools who came up with this cockamamie plan - are running like scalded dogs away from it.  Congressman Ed Markey, the same Democrat who co-sponsored and jointly announced the "New Green Dream" with Alexandria Donkey-Chompers, now claims that scheduling a vote on it is a "Republican trick" which will "sabotage" the effort to have a "national conversation."

Stupid explains:

"Don’t let Mitch McConnell fool you: this is nothing but an attempt to sabotage the movement we are building. He wants to silence your voice so Republicans don’t have to explain why they are climate change deniers. McConnell wants this to be the end, this is just the beginning."

Huh.  So having a public vote in the chamber of Congress is trying to "sabotage" the public's ability to discuss just how bat-shit crazy your party is?

Rather the opposite.

And climate change "deniers"?  Wilikers, after hundreds of cold weather records were shattered - again - in yet another brutal winter which has seen hundreds of thousands of Americans put into the very real peril of freezing to death in their own homes, why oh why would we doubt that mankind - a species which evolved at the equator on the hottest continent on the planet - will be rendered extinct by warmer weather and more fresh water?

We're such children after all.

Remember that Donkeyface McSocialist has been in her office for exactly 41 days.

So neutral, so reliable
https://apnews.com/a3153729c1aa4805a47161026d5d638a

Re: Dems:upgrayedd or replace all buildings in US 'cause global warming

So you propose a bill......and it's get brought up for a vote.....and the person who brings your bill up for a vote.....is the asshole?