Is Trump About to Buckle?

Snær Pîlâjikson
The West can't be saved and isn't even worth saving, if it doesn't get it's balls back.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

This post was updated on .
Rush's take - a temp re-opening of the government under the context of "negotiations" will be portrayed as a victory for Pelosi by the leftist media....

Which of course is true.

What he's not saying is that conservatives will be saying the same thing....  Because it's true.

This President has succeeded in not being Hillary and not being a democrat, which has resulted an end of the Obama-era abject attempts to sink the economy.  He has put 2 justices on the SCOTUS.  Which is all to the good.

Yet, on every other front he has lost the battle.  Syria?  He bombed Assad just as Barry did.  Obama-care?  It continues to be the (horrifically bad) law of the land.  It should be noted that Trump ran much harder on this issue then he did a border wall.  Speaking of border wall and the lack thereof, obviously that's been a disaster.

He's let the DoJ continue to be a traitorous group of criminals, doing nothing as Sleepy Jeff stood by and did watched it all happen (so much so he became a sort of hero to SNL).  Mueller's shit show been running wild for 3 years now with no end in sight.

Trump nominated Bill Barr as AG, the man in charge of FBI snipers who thought it was cool to shoot an unarmed mother and baby at Ruby Ridge.

And while he's managed to rack up less debt then Barry, he's still spending $5 trillion a year - a mere half trillion of added debt per year.  And now he's signed off again on a democrat spending bill.... without any money for a wall.

He has continued to kick the can down the road... so long that the dems re-took the house.  I'm sure Trump will try to spin this as a "If a don't get my wall by February 15th, I'll shut down the government again and/or declare an emergency".

But why should any dem believe him?  He's eventually knuckled under on every issue dealing with budget.  Doing so on the day Rodger Stone has his door kicked in by rifle wielding FBI agents is a bad look, even if the President is playing 4D chess....

Which no one believes anymore.  He had his opportunity, and it's now.  Giving in now does not get him the wall, nor will it change media coverage from people who feel free to slander high school children.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Snær Pîlâjikson
Answer: Yes

Roger Stone making empty threats against witnesses is disappointing.

Very foolish.
The West can't be saved and isn't even worth saving, if it doesn't get it's balls back.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Breitbart tries to spin the news by starting their article on it with....

"...by temporarily caving to Democrat demands to reopen the government"

But even they by the end of the article say:

"The White House finally caved to Democrats demands, despite Trump’s repeated assertions this week that he would not do so."

It's a giant fail.  The end.  Doesn't mean the war is over, but he's lost this battle.  I also don't think it's really occurred to him that he will be impeached.  If they can get Stone to say Trump sent him to threaten witnesses (and I do think that's Mueller's hail Mary at this point), then it's all over for el Presidente.

Trump will do his best to save it during the SOTU, but the cow's out of the barn.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/25/donald-trump-announces-decision-to-temporarily-end-government-shutdown/

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

The FBI released their new logo today....

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

What shall we talk about?

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Interesting article called "End of the Trump era", which has a lot wrong with it (like "era" - ya need more then 2 years for that term), but some things ring true enough....

"When President Donald Trump on Friday agreed to sign a government funding bill without any money for a wall or barrier along the southern border, reversing oaths including one in which he proclaimed “so help me God,” we likely witnessed the beginning of the end of the Trump era.

People who voted for Trump expected that he would use the full weight of presidential power on their behalf. That is why his personal misbehavior did not shake their support, nor could any amount of opposition from the Left and from the Deep State do so. The opposition’s virulence only confirmed that the people who elected Trump in 2016 would likely re-elect him in 2020, precisely because they saw him as a reliable barrier against that class.

Flirting with Faithlessness

But Trump has proved he is no barrier, no defense. Today, Trump notwithstanding, political correctness weighs upon Americans more than ever, and speech is becoming more constrained by the day. Being on the wrong side of the right people is more dangerous than ever.

Trump’s fiery speeches had led some supporters to look past the fact he has found it easier to proclaim victories over middle America’s enemies than to achieve them, that he makes loud statements and then quietly walks them back, that often he protests the ruling class’s outrages while gratuitously acquiescing in them, as he did on March 23, 2018, when he signed the $1.3 trillion omnibus bill that financed every progressive cause and priority but contained not a dime for a wall.

Increased ruling class power and militancy left Donald Trump with two shining alternatives: you must use the presidency’s power on their behalf fully—as you never did when it would have been so much easier to do so—or abdicate the leadership of America’s Deplorables to whomever might claim it.

By default, Trump chose abdication.

For better and for worse, the Trump era is over. Time to deal with the stark choices that our would-be totalitarian ruling class poses. We cannot know who will lead 2016’s winning coalition in 2020. Positively and negatively, Trump’s virtues and vices helped define what the characteristics of that leadership must be."

Perhaps Trump realizes that his time in the sun is already fading if he continues to knuckle under.  I doubt Trump is much of a historian, but if he were, he'd know that the great ones were often very unpopular - Lincoln never came close to winning half the votes (he wasn't even on the ballot in the South), while Reagan took was portrayed as every sort of idiot cowboy.

The article (which is much longer at the link) is right about 2 things - the left is only going to get worse, and Trump's exposed the left for what it is - a crazed mob thirsting for power over everyone and everything.

I'll at least willing to let Trump have his SOTU speech before burying him.  But right now, it don't look too good.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/01/28/the-end-of-the-trump-era/

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

I will say this:

We've done this dance before with Trump, and he's always come out on top.

Rush made a pretty good point the other day:  Trump doesn't 'cave', he 'repositions'.

I'm over being pissed about the extension, because extensions are not about you giving in, its about giving you time to get what you want.

I truly believe he will build the wall, if only to prove to the Democrats that they can't stop him.

Because they haven't been able to so far.

I might be guilty of silver lining mining here, but, what else am I going to do?

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Warpig wrote
I truly believe he will build the wall, if only to prove to the Democrats that they can't stop him.

And if he doesn't?

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Oh.  OK then.  For a second I was worried.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Snær Pîlâjikson
Is Trump about to buckle...

again?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/429644-mcconnell-trump-should-sign-funding-deal
The West can't be saved and isn't even worth saving, if it doesn't get it's balls back.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

If he signs it, there's a couple of ways of looking at....

1 - even if he got the $5 billion, that doesn't build a wall 2,000 miles long, at least under standard procedures.  More on that in a second....

2 - if he signs at the $1 billion mark, his supporters will be pissed as they know it won't mean a wall, yet it would be a political victory of a sort.  I suppose.  And as the dems can't get out of their own way, it's a win that will continue to pick up steam.

3 - if he doesn't sign it, the gov will "shut down" again.  Seeing as Pelosi's ratings sank lower then Trump's and his polling numbers have gone way up after the SPTU, it's risk he could take... but is unlikely to.  That's 'cause....

4 - Trump doesn't, in his heart of hearts, care very much about the wall.  It was not the main issue he ran on (repealing Obamacare and not being Hillary far more touted during the campaign), nor did he seem overly concerned about the wall during the first 2 years when the GOP controlled Congress.  The issue has become one he must now over-come, not an issue that he actually feels terribly worried about (again, if it was, it would have handled when he had a better chance of doing so).

5 - Lastly, and this is what I think will happen, Trump will sign it, promise more to come, both from the Feds, the states themselves, and from el Chapo's drug cartel money (a way of claiming Mexico did help build the wall) and claim victory.  Truth be told, there's already millions - perhaps billions - of dollars worth of materials suitable for the job in government warehouses and military bases.  If he were wise, he'd appoint a czar of fencing, and start scouring those bases....

Even if he doesn't, a billion dollars will buy a lot of fence.  According to one farmer's website, a quarter mile of it, put up, would cost about $2500.  At that price, it would cost a mere $10 million to put a 1000 mile length of it up.  Even if the price were quadrupled, it could easily be done with change to spare.

https://www.agriculture.com/news/livestock/what-will-a-new-fence-cost-this-year_3-ar22518

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

Snær Pîlâjikson
Nice analysis.

But I'm pretty black-pilled on the whole thing now.

It's just a bunch of drama until the white man's burden becomes whites outnumbered.

And there's no based POC wave that's gonna save us.

It's a pipe dream.

Continue to dig in and organize.

What else can you do?
The West can't be saved and isn't even worth saving, if it doesn't get it's balls back.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/its-true-trump-really-did-start-building-more-wall-in-texas

It's being built.

It's true, Trump really did start building more wall in Texas

When President Trump said Monday at a campaign rally in El Paso that, “We’ve actually started a big, big portion of the wall today at a very important location, and it’s going to go up pretty quickly over the next nine months," I assumed it was nonsense he was spreading in hopes that his supporters might not mob him on stage for so far failing to keep the central promise of his campaign.

He similarly said Tuesday at the White House, "We just started a big, big section [of wall] on the Rio Grande."

I'm happy to say I was wrong. Trump was telling the truth.

Would Trump's national emergency really be an "emergency"?

I checked in with agents at the Rio Grande Valley border sector to see if they knew what new "wall" Trump was talking about. They sent me information on construction for new border barrier announced last year. The project funds six miles-worth of concrete and steel barrier of the sort that agents told me in January is immensely successful in deterring illegal border crossings.

The wall will be supplemented by "detection technology, lighting, video surveillance, and an all-weather patrol road parallel" to the barrier, according to a release sent out by the CBP in November.

Its easier to continue something already started, than it is to start something that hasn't begun.

He wins because they agreed, the budget is irrelevant.

It will happen because it's happening, especially if hes able to turn it into a government program, because the closest thing to eternal life is a government program.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

This post was updated on .
Details are coming out....

He'd be a fool to sign it.  Rush detailed why it's such a bad deal....

Yet seemed to indicate he should sign it now, and kick the can the road.  Which would be disastrous as it assumes a great many things, like the Republicans keeping the Senate in two years.

Speaking of the senate, the GOP controlled senate passed the bill 83-16, which tells you all you need to know about American politics, politicians, and why things are headed south so quickly.

Re: Is Trump About to Buckle?

"President Donald Trump has freed up $8 billion from various government agencies to build the wall, according to Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade.

Trump announced earlier on Thursday that he plans on signing a bipartisan congressional bill that provides limited border wall funding and declaring a national emergency at the southern border."

So a wall with no guards?  Be interesting to see what actually happens when all the dust is settled, besides both sides claiming victory.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/trump-national-emergency-border-wall/