Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Every year, morons on the left complain about "White Christmas," apparently unaware of just how racist nature is by making snow white.  This year, metoo has upped the ante for stupid.  Thanks snowflakes!

"A radio station in Ohio has pulled "Baby It's Cold Outside" from its lineup after a listener expressed concern over the holiday song's lyrics.

According to Fox 8, WDOK Christmas 102.1 removed the tune after one listener called the radio station and suggested it's not appropriate to play the 1940's classic in 2018.

“It wasn't really our decision," WDOK host Desiray told the outlet. "It's the decision of our listeners."

"People might say, ‘Oh, enough with that #MeToo,’ but if you really put that aside and listen to the lyrics, it's not something I would want my daughter to be in that kind of a situation,” she continued, explaining that the “the tune might be catchy, but let's maybe not promote that sort of an idea."

According to Fox 8, the Cleveland radio station said they conducted a poll on its website with the majority of voters in favor of removing the song. However, the results were not visible online, Fox 8 reported.

A separate poll on the radio station's Facebook page did show results and they were quite different: 92 percent out of more than 600 voters were in favor of playing the song while 8 percent thought it was inappropriate."
-----------------------------------

You meant he radio station lied?  Yes Virginia, it did.  Ain't censorship grand?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ohio-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-amid-me-too-movement

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Seduction is a lost art.

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Warpig wrote
Seduction is a lost art.
And also rape.  Thanks liberals!

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Sharia law and the banning of a Christmas song:

"Many people have asked me how Leftists can ally with Islamic hardliners who adhere to Sharia, a system of laws that would have many of them executed. One clue to the logic of this curious alliance came recently in the “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” controversy: Here, we see a relationship of “like to like” as two groups of joyless, controlling authoritarians come together.

The #MeToo bans on “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” are ironic in this age of gangsta rap lyrics full of violent rape imagery and open, unapologetic misogyny, and the bans have been rolled back here and there after listener outcries, but they’re still instructive. They show an intersection of Sharia sensibilities with the harsh and angry puritanism of some radical feminists.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s great theorist Sayyid Qutb has been called “the father of modern [Islamic] fundamentalism.” He sharpened his distaste for the West while living in the United States from November 1948 to August 1950. His disgust with the gaudy materialism of postwar America was intense -- and “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” was, for him, Exhibit A of American decadence.

The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS recounts how, in Greeley, Colorado, where Qutb lived for a short time, he was thoroughly scandalized by a dance after an evening service at a local church:

    The dancing intensified … The hall swarmed with legs … Arms circled arms, lips met lips, chests met chests, and the atmosphere was full of love.

The pastor further scandalized Qutb by dimming the lights, creating “a romantic, dreamy effect,” and playing a popular record of the day -- none other than “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” One modern-day hater of the song, Glenn Anderson of Cleveland’s Star 102 radio station, would have been no less offended than Qutb:

    Now, I do realize that when the song was written in 1944, it was a different time, but now while reading it, it seems very manipulative and wrong. The world we live in is extra sensitive now, and people get easily offended, but in a world where #MeToo has finally given women the voice they deserve, the song has no place.

Anderson and Qutb both no doubt felt righteous and superior to the libertines who dared to enjoy this song."

More at the link.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/with-the-baby-its-cold-outside-uproar-islam-and-metoo-intersect/

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

And Dino's version just made it in to the top ten:
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/12/19/dean-martins-baby-its-cold-outside-hits-top-10-chart/

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Snær Pîlâjikson
Kurt Barlow wrote
Warpig wrote
Seduction is a lost art.
And also rape.  Thanks liberals!
You can't engage in the art of seduction because seduction is now considered to be rape.

The art isn't lost. Plenty understand it.

It's just illegal now.
Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. — John Adams

Streisand Effect never fails.

Does that have anything to do with her nose?

Re: Radio station pulls 75 year old Xmas song

Snær Pîlâjikson
Warpig wrote
Does that have anything to do with her nose?
You never studied.

Usually the nose knows, but not in this case.

I'll just assume you don't know what the Streisand Effect is.

Considering your lack of knowledge about various concepts in the current year, it seems like a good bet.

Read up, grandpa.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/streisand-effect

Read this one too, while you're at it.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/virtue-signalling