The chicken littles of global warming

" Climate Change Alarmism Is The World’s Leading Cause Of Hot Gas (How long can fearmongering work?}

Even as anti-gas tax riots raged in France this week, the naturalist David Attenborough warned a crowd at a United Nations climate change summit in Poland that the “collapse of our civilizations and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon.” UN General Assembly President Maria Espinosa told the media that “mankind” was “in danger of disappearing” if climate change is allowed to progress at its current rate.

Speakers, who flew in to swap doomsday stories and partake of the meat-heavy menu, advocated for radical changes to avoid this imminent environmental apocalypse. These days, “the point of no return” is almost always in view, yet always just out of reach.

Sorry, but by now, this rhetoric is familiar. You can go back to 1970, when Harvard biologist George Wald, riding a wave of popular environmental panic during the decade, estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

Or you can go back to 1977, when President Barack Obama’s future science “tsar” John Holdren co-authored a book with Paul R. Ehrlich predicting that global warming could lead to the deaths of 1 billion starving people by 2020. (The authors theorized that “population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution.”)

Or you can go back to 2006, when Al Gore warned in his Oscar-winning documentary that sea levels would rise by 20 feet “in the near future.” The producers even offered chilling depictions of cities underwater. Gore was only off by around 20 feet, or so. Anyway, South Beach is still with us.

The problem for alarmists is that warming is now here—allegedly, the cause of an untold number of disasters, small and large—yet somehow humanity slogs onward, living longer, safer, richer lives. People internalize this reality, no matter what they tell pollsters.

At a big 2005 conference of concerned climate scientists and politicians in London, attendees warned that the world had as little as 10 years before it reached “the point of no return on global warming.” They warned that humans would soon be grappling with “widespread agricultural failure,” “major droughts,” “increased disease,” “the death of forests,” and the “switching-off of the North Atlantic Gulf Stream,” among many other terrible calamities.

Who knows, maybe one day humanity will be ravaged by new diseases due to a rise in temperature. Right now, though, we are on the cusp of eradicated diseases like “polio, Guinea worm, yaws, Carrion’s disease, hookworm, lymphatic filariasis, measles, ovine rinderpest, pork tape worm, river blindness, rubella, syphilis.”

There is new hope that all mosquito-borne diseases might be one day be eradicated, that a cure for AIDS might be within reach, and, perhaps, a vaccine might cut Alzheimer’s disease cases in half. Cancer survival rates have soared.

So perhaps in some far-flung era, humans will be toiling in a dystopian world of “widespread agricultural failure,” as alarmists have been warning for many decades, but trends do not look promising for the Chicken Littles. Since 2005, humans have seen a spike in the use of genetically modified crops, as well as advances in heat-resistant crops, which has led to booming yields in agriculture.

According to the UN, there are 200 million fewer hungry people in 2015 than there were in 1990.

In that one sentence, he neatly sums up the panic by globalists - we're simply not dying fast enough to suit them.  So, if we're going to have the temerity to live in ever greater numbers, we might as well pay them greater amounts of tax to stop the invisible boggy-man who never seems to actually appear in the daylight.  Or at night for that matter.

It's blizzarding right now as I write this, during one of the coldest starts to a winter ever recorded.  To wit, in the past 50 days, this region has hit the normal average temp once.

Yup, one day at average.  It's been so cold that when we were 7 below, it felt like a heat wave.  Which is pretty odd considering that the alarmists are saying mankind will literally be made extinct in less then a hundred years from heat, not cold.

Never mind that shit - according to sooooouper genius Lurch Kerry, we have only 96 years left of existence thanks to global warming.  Indeed, he claims "All life on earth will end" if we don't pay more taxes (as I raise the thermistat another 3 notches).

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/05/climate-change-alarmism-worlds-leading-cause-hot-gas/

https://www.boston.com/news/science/2014/10/09/john-kerry-to-climate-doubters-catastrophe-ahead