Third Party Votes

Quick Pro Tip:

If you vote for any of the following, you're voting for a Democrat.

Libertarian Party of Michigan.
Michigan Patriot Party.
Natural Law Party of Michigan.

If you vote for any of the following, you're voting for a Republican.

Communist Party of Michigan.
Green Party of Michigan.
Michigan Labor Party.

Seriously, stop.

Better idea: If you're serious about your third party principals, then gather your people into a voting BLOC, so you can affect policy within a major party.

The Libertarians would have a lot more sway if they organized as a voting bloc within the primaries, saying "We will throw our support behind candidate 'X', if they agree to policy 'Y'."

Nope, instead they get on the ballot and end up fucking up one of the majors and helping the other.

Same with the Greens, who should do as I have suggested that the Libertarians do, because a vote for them only fucks up one of the majors and is a vote AGAINST their own interests.

Re: Third Party Votes

Voting for 3rd parties are the same as people announcing they won't vote.  Other then tiny local elections, they mean nothing in American politics.

Re: Third Party Votes

S'what I'm saying, why not create blocs or interest groups that grant endorsements, rather than bothering to run candidates?

It seems like that's a better way to get what you want.

Re: Third Party Votes

Sure.  Anything better then 3rd parties, which in principal are fine, but in practice are basically useless.

If Teddy Roosevelt couldn't successfully start a 3rd party, no one can.