'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

This post was updated on .
WELL, we're into the very beginning of the Christmas season, and some of the local radio stations have begun their 24/7 holiday music marathons.

I love it for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that it's the only time of the year you can hear music from the 40's on the mainstream radio stations.  One of the songs - the best selling single of all time in fact - is Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas'.

However, the left has gotten so insane under Barry and other Democrat 'leaders' that even this, the most mundane of songs, has become an indictment on American culture to them.

This from 2 years ago:
"Tell Local Radio Stations to Stop Playing the Song ‘White Christmas’ as it is Insulting to People of Color and Perpetuates the Idea That Being White is Automatically A Positive Attribute in Our Society,” the petition stated.

It was signed by 18 students in an hour.  Now, it was done as a lark by conservatives to see how many would sign it, but still a bit shocking.

More alarming perhaps is the Salon article from last year title, "Dreaming of a white “Christmas Story”: A Yuletide classic’s “color-blind” racism".  Again, not the Onion, but one of the leading liberal mags.

Needless to say, things haven't gotten much less crazy since Trump won.  So here's the question - will there will a full court press on 'White Christmas' or will the left start to realize that that's how you get Trump?

New Hitler?

https://www.salon.com/2016/12/24/dreaming-of-a-white-christmas-story-a-yuletide-classics-colorblind-racism/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428920/college-students-sign-petition-ban-song-white-christmas-because-its-racist

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Warpig
Dude, I might go 24-7 on White Christmas.

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

The movie is nearly as good as the song.

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Warpig
Next show, I'm wearing a White Christmas shirt

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Warpig wrote
Next show, I'm wearing a White Christmas shirt
Ah, I think you meant "hate crime Christmas" shirt.

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Breivik was right....2083: A European Declaration of Independence

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12164344-2083

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

And just when I thought there wouldn't be an example of pure idiocy....

"University’s ‘White Christmas’ Tweet Triggers Snowflakes

A leading university has apologized after a reference to “White Christmas” in one of its tweets triggered snowflake students who thought it might be a tad racist."
----------------------

Well OF COURSE snow is racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/13/universitys-white-christmas-tweet-triggers-snowflakes/

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Warpig
My goddess snow is racist you know what it means???

I'm in the middle of a racist storm as we speak!!!

Racism is covering the very ground outside my house!!!!

Oh what to do what to do oh what to do what to do???

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

If you thought 'White Christmas' was the best neo-Nazi theme song, you were wrong - it's 'Jingle Bells':

"Boston Professor Proclaims ‘Jingle Bells’ a ‘Racist’ Song

A professor at Boston University has proclaimed Christmas carol favorite “Jingle Bells” to be a “racist song” and is urging people to shun the jaunty tune.

Kyna Hamill, a theater history professor at Boston University, recently told the Boston Globe that the venerable Christmas song has a “secret” racist past that has been “systematically” hidden from Americans as they celebrate the Christmas season.

“The history of the song has remained hidden behind its local and season affection,” Hamill told the paper. She continued saying the song’s “blackface and racist origins have been subtly and systematically removed from its history.

Hamill claims the song, written 160 years ago by James Pierpont, was written to ridicule black people and was first performed in a blackface minstrel hall in Boston in 1857.”

You truly can't fix stupid.

Nazi thugs

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/14/boston-professor-proclaims-jingle-bells-racist-song/

Re: 'White Christmas' - hate speech or cheerful holiday tune?

Warpig
Let go sing Carol's for her!

Get her in the Christmas spirit!